Thursday 8 March 2012

Up & Coming: Erica Brejaart







Women Wearing Rubber Gloves

I believe that many women who stay at home, experience a loss of identity at some point while caring for a family and household. This body of work is my response to this idea and explores the identity of women in a shared experience of domesticity. The photographs were taken in their homes. The images are not for the family album nor are they studio shots. Rubber gloves, for me, symbolise domestic work. 

I am grateful to all the women who agreed to take part in my project; welcomed me into their homes and willingly put on those gloves for me. 












Erica was born in Canada and has lived in several different countries. She has been a resident in Britain for 30 years.







In 2011 Erica completed a Foundation Degree in Contemporary Photography at Mid Cheshire College Northwich, United Kingdom. Soon after she had her first group exhibition at CUBE Manchester and was selected by Photo Open to exhibit her work during East London Photo Festival.

To see her work go to: www.ericabrejaart.co.uk





All images © Erica Brejaart